splore 2015

Splore was once again a feast for the senses. This year I didn't take a camera, just my phone. We camped in the Theme Camp area with our "Makey Connection" camp. Not much sleep was had due to some noisy Wellington neighbors so we have plans to sleep elsewhere next time.


Team Larnach had the most amazing bird costumes for the Saturday night and we cobbled together some Peter Pan themed outfits.

Highlight #1 was performing at Splore with my wonderful water ballet troupe, The Wet Hot Beauties.  We performed on five Saturdays in Feb/March and I think the Splore show was my favourite.  

It was so much fun to be joined by fifty or so festival goers in bathing hats, including our two boys.  The kids loved it so much they joined us for the next show too (will post a photo sometime).

Highlight #2 of the festival was seeing the Correspondents in the Living Lounge.  They were unbelievably good.  To be honest I hadn't even heard of them until a week or two before.  If you ever get a chance to see them live JUST DO IT!

POPULAR POSTS

Blog Archive